PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Busy Week of Learning and Fun!




I was thrilled to hear that my students' favorite part of the day was the St. Patrick's Day Unit that I created and they absolutely love the math centers from that unit, so I'm keeping them for another week until my Easter Unit is ready to go!


Here is the latest phonics graphic organizer. My kids went crazy over this guy!



The clouds add a nice touch to the classroom. We're studying weather right now. 




A few weeks ago the students learned about symmetry in math. I had them create symmetrical paintings just by squeezing paint onto cardstock then folding it in half. Then for writing I had the students write a story about their painting. They were incredibly creative! I told them short stories, but I still got some 6 pagers which is fantastic ;) They were enthusiastic about this project!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Krista Happ said...

I just found your fraction, Lucky Charms activity through Pinterest. I love it. I have done graphing with them in the past, but never thought to use them for that! Great idea! I am your newest follower.

-Krista
The Second Grade Superkids

Post a Comment