PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Success Story!

I've missed blogging, but I've been so exhausted with everything going on right now. My lack of creativity is perfect timing for Ladybug's Link Party. I'll share a little success with you all :)
Many of you know one of my close friends and colleagues was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. The students drew a picture representing what she means to them then I collaged it onto an apple for the front of the shirt. The t-shirts raised almost $3,000 for her. Our school community, even though small, is so supportive and loving. 

Came out cute right? 

I think overall this was a very successful year for me. It was my first year in second grade and I completely fell in love. What a PERFECT age level. I can't believe how much my students grew this year. It brings tears to me eyes thinking about it! I also began blogging this year and not only was I able to share my ideas but was inspired by so many amazing teachers. I started posting on Teachers pay Teachers and I am humbled by the amount of units and projects I've sold. I truly feel blessed that other teachers are inspired by ME. I've grown so much this year and I am so excited to take this growth and apply it to next year. I'm also going from 6 students to 18. Crazy! 

Field trip tomorrow.. wish me luck!


P.S. Don't forget you can follow and "like" me on Facebook!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Ms. Durning I don't know what to say except that you are an amazing friend and teacher, and I wish the very best for your friend. What a wonderful community you have, you are very fortunate. Thanks so much for linking up, my thoughts are with you and your friend.

And good luck on your trip tomorrow ;)

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful project!

Lory said...

It's great to feel like you have a techy support system out there :) We should have done this along time ago.
Lory
Lory's Page

Post a Comment