PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Procedural Writing and A Toast to the New Year!

I hope everybody had a great holiday! Today is my designated workday which will consist of drinking diet coke, and eating cheeseburgers, pizza, and wings while I lesson plan! Mmm!

Anyways, my first order of business was preparing a couple of writing activities for the month of January (I'm curriculum mapping today!). In January we work on procedural writing. The first thing I do is bring in bread, peanut butter, and jelly and we do a "how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" tutorial. The kids really see how important it is to be accurate with their explanations. I put together a packet of 4 writing assignments here and you can get them for 75 cents. Bargain! I end the month by doing a "how to blow a bubble" project which you can read about here. This is a super fun way to end the unit. 

If you missed my post last year, you can see it here and read about what I do with my kiddos after the holidays. They write "toasts to a New Year." Adorable.

Oh, and how do you like our Grinch Day celebration?? It was SO fun. 


 Shirt made by my husband!

Look at all that green food!! Pickles, yum!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Erika said...

I love the bulletin board "bubble" blowers! So cute!
2B Honey Bunch

Post a Comment