PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Exit Slips


A couple days a week I have my students fill out exit slips at the end of the day. I usually ask something quick to assess their learning. Sometimes I ask a fact question, sometimes a math problem, occasionally vocabulary. Usually I ask something that requires a short response, however, I created slightly larger tickets for when their response requires a sentence or two. I have the students write their name on the back and give it to me before they go home for the day. It really helps me see who "gets" something and who doesn't. 


On a side note, I'm all the sudden having trouble embedding a google document. What steps do you take to embed? I used to just see an "embed" link but couldn't for the life of me find it on this document!! Help, anyone? :)

9 comments:

Kris Hughes said...

I was having the same problem! After about an hour of my life wasted I figured it out. Although I'm sure there still has to be an easier way. I can email you the code I put in. It wouldn't let me put it here.

Ms. Durning said...

Sure!
durntm@gmail.com Thanks :)

Kristen said...

Hey Ms. Durning! I love these exit slips--especially how their are two sizes! Thank you so much, I am printing them now! :) :) :)

By the way, I have been having a really hard time with googledocs too this week...

???

Kristen said...

ok, I misspelled "there" how embarrassing for a teacher! I'll blame it on too many snow days away from school...

Ms. Durning said...

I know, I even went onto your blog to follow the tutorial and that wasn't working out for me either!

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Great idea! I will be using these in my classroom!

Mrs. O'Brien said...

I also need a good lesson on Google Docs. Anyone?

Mrs. Patton said...

Thanks for this idea. It's so important to close a lesson and sometimes its a piece that is easy to look over. :)

Mrs. Patton
http://pattonspatch.blogspot.com/

PS- I'm your 100th follower... Congrats!

Price said...

I have been doing a review game like this for awhile. I teach sixth grade. At the end of the day (not every day), I have the students answer a review question. The correct answers go into a bucket. On Friday, I draw a name and the winner gets to go to the "bin." The bin is filled with Doller Tree items: pens, pencils, markers, etc.

Post a Comment